Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Serenity

Hello Friends...

Lately I have been complaining about how I just can't quite figure life. I still kinda think that life is a game and you have been given a hand and you have to play with what your dealt. You can't cheat. You can't lie. You can't "fix" the game. It is just not possible.

Tonight I called my momma. God she is incredible. I love her to death. Today I told her I just messed up. I was stressed about things. Things that were bothering me. I couldn't figure out what was "right". I couldn't find me! I didn't know who I was. Then my mom said something that just made a lot of sense to me yet it was just so simple. She said "why worry? You can't change whats going to happen. Take life as it comes to you. Let the universe do the work. Just sit back and let it come to you." I just love my mom so much. She understands who I am. But she will also give me a slap and tell me to snap out of it. But the best part of our conversation was when she asked me if I have heard the "Serenity prayer." I told her no. So she stopped what she was doing and went to the computer to read it to me. Here is what it is.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.


I believe that is just such a strong prayer and it is so right. Now idk what religion my followers are but I just want you to respect mine as I will respect yours. But the craziest thing was when my mom was reading me this, she started crying. She started to cry. She couldn't finish the prayer with dry eyes. This prayer touched her that much. It really hit me. I really hope that this prayer has touched you like it did mean. Just the words are so true. 

Talkin' to my mom really put me on a path that I should be on. I am just gonna live life for me. Let things come to me and especially just be patient. I am very impatient but I just have to work on that. Because it will come. She will come to me. The one will come to me. 

Refreshing eh?  

I hope I can find this new me and be the way I was before...

Hey Kim! Welcome to the Show! ;-) Hope your ready for an awesome date! I am excited for it!

It Ain't Me Babe - Bob Dylan

Night guys
J13 

1 comment:

  1. My family always said this, but it's becasue we're very Irish on my mom's side...

    May those who love us, love us
    And those who don't love us,
    May God turn their hearts
    And if he can't turn their hearts,
    May he turn their ankles
    So we will know them by their limping!

    Keep smiling Jake!

    ReplyDelete